These girls are in the sunroom of a cottage in the grounds of the Glendinning Children's Homes in Dunedin, which was run by the Otago Presbyterian Social Service Association. The photograph was taken to commemorate the home's 50th anniversary. When the home was opened in 1913 the children lived in one large building. Three cottages were built in 1931 as part of a move towards smaller, more home-like dwellings.
Using this item
Otago Daily Times
Reference: Evening Star, 23 March 1963
Permission of the Otago Daily Times must be obtained before any re-use of this image.