This is Tāngarākau township at its peak, in 1929, during the final phase of work on the Stratford–Taumarunui railway. The road bridge over the Tāngarākau River has been completed, while the rail bridge is being constructed. In the distance – on the far side of the sports ground – is the school, and around the field is the ‘married-with-children’ housing. The single men’s quarters are next to the road bridge, and the ‘married-without-children’ accommodation is on the near side of the river.
Using this item
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.