Inglewood’s war memorial stands prominently at a right-angle corner of State Highway 3 in the middle of the town. The marble figure of the ‘sorrowing soldier‘ was unveiled in August 1924. The rhododendron behind it is a pre-1850 hybrid, ‘Sir Robert Peel’, planted in 1924 and reputed to be one of the largest rhododendrons in the southern hemisphere. The flagpole to the right is a memorial to the town’s Second World War casualties.
Using this item
Photograph by Ron Lambert
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.