Architect James Chapman-Taylor designed a house and temple for a theosophical group called the Order of the Golden Dawn, based in Havelock North. Whare Ra (1915) housed the leader of the group, Robert Felkin, and his family. It still stands in the 2000s and is a private home. It is registered by the New Zealand Historic Places Trust.
Using this item
Art Deco Trust
Photograph by Peter Hallett
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.