From its opening in 1871, Whanganui’s town bridge was the main link to its hinterland in the south-east. These wagons loaded with wool bales are lining up to cross to the town and the riverside wharves, from which the wool would be shipped overseas.
Using this item
Whanganui Regional Museum
Permission of the Whanganui Regional Museum must be obtained before any re-use of this image.