Story: Whanganui places

Nga Tawa school, around 1920

Nga Tawa school, around 1920

Nga Tawa school was started in Marton in 1891, and became the Wellington Diocesan School for Girls in 1912. For many years it has educated the daughters of well-off farming, business and professional families from the lower North Island.

Using this item

Alexander Turnbull Library, T. E. Nops Collection
Reference: PAColl-5314-01

Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.

All images & media in this story

How to cite this page:

Diana Beaglehole, 'Whanganui places - Lower Rangitīkei', Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand, http://www.TeAra.govt.nz/en/photograph/18989/nga-tawa-school-around-1920 (accessed 23 May 2019)

Story by Diana Beaglehole, updated 15 Jun 2015