The landmark Wanganui Rowing Club building was first built in 1898. It was fully restored in the 1990s and is now home to the Whanganui Riverboat Centre. Its two restored river vessels, Waimarie and Wairua, are moored nearby. In Moutoa Quay, near the building, the River Traders Market is a popular Saturday attraction.
Using this item
Te Ara - The Encyclopedia of New Zealand
Photograph by Melanie Lovell-Smith
This item is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 New Zealand Licence
Add new comment