The Catholic St Mary of the Angels is the third church to be built on its Boulcott Street site, and was opened in 1922. Designed in the Gothic Revival style by Frederick de Jersey Clere, it has one of the most striking façades in the city.
Using this item
Te Ara - The Encyclopedia of New Zealand
Photograph by Jock Phillips
This item is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 New Zealand Licence