These farmers are at a dairy factory at Eketāhuna in 1906. At the time, farmers took their milk to local factories, and the daily delivery was a social occasion. Improvements in transport and roads in the 1930s enabled collection at the farm gate by tankers. In the 2000s only the Pahīatua factory remained open.
Using this item
Alexander Turnbull Library, W. Golden Collection
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.