This is the sombre, wood-panelled passage in the Canterbury Provincial Council Buildings. Completed in 1865, the buildings were regarded as the finest example of High Victorian Gothic architecture in New Zealand before the 2011 earthquake.
Using this item
Te Ara – The Encyclopedia of New Zealand
Photograph by Jock Phillips
This item is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 New Zealand Licence