Lincoln University began as the School of Agriculture at Canterbury College (later the University of Canterbury) in 1878. This is Ivey Hall, which was completed in 1880. In the 1970s and 1980s the building housed administration services, and from 1988 it held the university library. This photograph shows an event taking place outside Ivey Hall in the early 20th century.
Using this item
Selwyn Library, Heritage Collection
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.
Add new comment