Massey University was founded as Massey Agricultural College when the agricultural schools of Auckland University College and Victoria University College were amalgamated at Palmerston North in 1927. Massey’s Refectory Building was designed by architect Roy A. Lippincott and was completed in 1930. It provided accommodation, dining and social space for students and university staff. The building was being refurbished to meet earthquake-strengthening codes in the 2000s.
Using this item
Massey University, Massey University Archives
Reference: Acc. 2005-04-01
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.