In February 1915, 2,300 acres (930 hectares) of Crown land near Waitakaruru was offered for settlement in 15 blocks ranging from 100 to 300 acres (40.5 to 121.5 hectares). The western parts were rolling country, along what is now State Highway 27. The eastern parts had been brought into production as part of the Hauraki Plains drainage scheme. Note: the index map incorrectly situates the block, which lies to the west of the location indicated by the arrow.
Using this item
Auckland City Libraries - Tāmaki Pātaka Kōrero
Reference: NZ Map 4407
Permission of Auckland City Libraries Tāmaki Pātaka Kōrero must be obtained before any re-use of this image.
Add new comment