Dairying became the predominant farm activity on the Hauraki Plains. Before the advent of the home separator, farmers took whole milk to skimming stations where cream was separated from skim milk. The smaller volume of cream could then be more readily transported to the creamery. The Paeroa creamery was built by the New Zealand Dairy Association in 1899 and purchased by the Thames Valley Co-operative Dairy Company in August 1901.
Using this item
Paeroa & District Museum
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.
Add new comment