A Dunedin branch of the Hibernians, the Irish Catholic benefit society, was formed in 1873. It required a special dispensation, or authorisation, from the main Australasian branch in Melbourne. This magnificent certificate records that dispensation. It is illustrated with images and symbols from Irish and Catholic traditions.
Using this item
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.