Story: Manawatū and Horowhenua places

Te Rangimarie marae, Rangiotū

Te Rangimarie marae, Rangiotū

Te Rangimarie marae at Rangiotū was built in 1858 to commemorate peace between the Ngāti Raukawa and Rangitāne peoples. In recent years, the marae has offered programmes for schools, telling its own story and others bearing on the Māori history of Manawatū.

Using this item

Private collection

This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.

All images & media in this story

How to cite this page:

Malcolm McKinnon, 'Manawatū and Horowhenua places - Ōhakea to Longburn', Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand, http://www.TeAra.govt.nz/en/photograph/9422/te-rangimarie-marae-rangiotu (accessed 16 October 2019)

Story by Malcolm McKinnon, updated 22 Apr 2015