As the Brunner mine expanded, spin-off industries developed on the site. The coke and brick works are shown here about 1900. From the late 1970s the site was a focus of conservation efforts. It can now be visited, and display panels provide information about its social and industrial history.
Using this item
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.