As a way of commemorating those who had died in the Great War, public clocks were built by four New Zealand communities – Blenheim, Waipawa, Waverley and Taradale. This one in Taradale was unveiled in December 1923 and remained undamaged by the devastating Hawke’s Bay earthquake of 1931.
Using this item
Te Ara - The Encyclopedia of New Zealand
Photograph by Jock Phillips
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.