In the 1950s there was a fashion for public floral clocks, copying American examples. Auckland, Christchurch and Napier each created clocks. Napier’s clock was formally dedicated in December 1955.
Using this item
Te Ara - The Encyclopedia of New Zealand
Photograph by A. B. Hurst and Son
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.