In 1924 a group of Norwegian whalers established a winter station at Paterson Inlet on Stewart Island. They stayed over several seasons to repair their boats. The building on the left is the carpenter’s shop.
Using this item
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.