This factory processed milk supplied by many Māori farmers. It opened in 1908, part of a wave of dairy factory building in the Bay of Plenty, from 1895 to 1915. Horse-drawn wagons hauled milk to the factory. In later years improved vehicles, roads and machinery saw many such factories closed in favour of larger, newer ones.
Using this item
Whakatane District Museum and Gallery
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.
Add new comment