Photographed in October 1956, a helicopter hovers at Benney’s Landing on the north side of the Lower Buller Gorge – the site of Lime and Marble’s prospecting camp. This was the first use of a helicopter in the New Zealand mining industry, and it greatly assisted prospecting in very rugged country. The pilot was R. J. Scott.
Using this item
Photograph by Tasman McKee
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.