More than 100 flat-bottomed deck scows once kept Auckland supplied with logs, sand and shingle and supplied isolated communities with general cargo. The Jane Gifford of 1908 was later cut down as a motorised barge and after some false starts and setbacks, took to the water fully restored in 2009 to carry charter groups and school parties.
Using this item
The Jane Gifford Society
Photograph by Stuart Birnie
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.