The New Zealand Herald first appeared in 1863, and this purpose-designed building on Auckland's Queen Street opened at about the same time. This building remained the home for the Herald for 120 years, until around 1984, when it was demolished. In 2013 the newspaper was printed at a large, modern plant in Elllerslie.
Using this item
Auckland City Libraries - Tāmaki Pātaka Kōrero, Sir George Grey Special Collections
Permission of Auckland City Libraries Tāmaki Pātaka Kōrero must be obtained before any re-use of this image.