Story: Chatham Islands

Māori meeting house, Waitangi (2nd of 2)

Māori meeting house, Waitangi

This meeting house at Waitangi was built in the 1880s and survived until 1927.

Using this item

Canterbury Museum, E. J. Moffat Collection
Reference: 1960.41.6

Permission of Canterbury Museum, Rolleston Avenue, Christchurch, New Zealand must be obtained before any re-use of this image.

All images & media in this story

How to cite this page:

Rhys Richards, 'Chatham Islands - Chatham Islands from the 1860s to the 1980s', Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand, http://www.TeAra.govt.nz/en/photograph/37798/maori-meeting-house-waitangi (accessed 19 September 2020)

Story by Rhys Richards, updated 1 May 2015