These Regency period (1811–37) dining chairs in a Grecian-revival style are representative of the simple and easily transportable furniture brought to New Zealand by missionaries and other settlers before 1840. They were owned by the Kerikeri mission schoolmaster Francis Hall and are seen here in the historic Kemp House at Kerikeri.
Using this item
Heritage New Zealand – Pouhere Taonga, Kemp House collection
Permission of Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga must be obtained before any re-use of this image.