The 1881 neoclassical Supreme Court building in Wellington sits alongside the 2010 modernist extension. The new building was designed to match the scale of the old building but not its design. Its facade is a bronze screen that features abstract designs of pōhutukawa and rātā trees, symbolising Māori ideas of shelter and leadership. The tall building behind it is Bowen House, part of the parliamentary precinct.
Using this item
Warren and Mahoney
Photograph by Paul McCredie
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.
Add new comment