An image based on New Zealand's first coat of arms (1911), not often conspicuously displayed publicly, is part of a stained-glass memorial to Victoria University staff and students who served in the First World War. The memorial was unveiled in 1924, and preservation of it was part of the successful campaign to save the university's Hunter Building from demolition.
Using this item
Victoria University of Wellington, Image Services
Photograph by Les Maiden
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.