Carncot in Palmerston North was set up as a private pre-school and primary school in about 1903 by Constance Stanford, the daughter of a local magistrate. Girls are shown here sitting in a courtyard outside the school’s library and art room, built in 1998. Carncot stopped enrolling boys and pre-schoolers in 1980, and became girls-only in the 1990s.
Using this item
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.