The University of Otago – New Zealand’s first university – was founded in 1869 and opened for teaching in 1871. The university was housed in a building in Dunedin’s Princes Street until 1878, when the purpose-built Clocktower building was completed. The Clocktower remained Otago’s most well-known building in the 2000s and was used in university publicity material.
Using this item
Hocken Library, University of Otago
Photograph by Burton Brothers
Permission of the Hocken Library Uare Taoka o Hakena, University of Otago, must be obtained before any re-use of this image. Further information may be obtained from the Library through its website.
Add new comment