This statue of Joseph Ward, prime minister from 1906 to 1912 and again from 1928 to 1930, was sculpted in 1928 by W. H. Feldon, when its subject was still alive. Following Ward's death in 1930, a local citizen paid for the statue to be put up in Bluff, where Ward had spent his childhood and his formative years as an entrepreneur, local booster and politician.
Using this item
Photograph by Nigel Roberts
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.