This building in Newtown, Wellington, housed a medical practice from 1894 to 2001. In 1946 resident doctor William Shirer decided to establish a group practice – a radical concept at the time. His experiment was successful. The building was sold to the Child Cancer Foundation in 2001, ending 55 years of group practice.
Using this item
Te Ara - The Encyclopedia of New Zealand
Photograph by Kerryn Pollock
This item is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 New Zealand Licence