St Patrick's was one of the first Catholic boys' secondary schools in New Zealand when it opened in 1885. It became the leading Catholic college in the country and outgrew its central Wellington site. A related boarding school, also called St Patrick's, opened in Silverstream, Upper Hutt, in 1931. In 1977 the original school shifted to a new site in Kilbirnie. The names written on this photograph, taken around 1893, identify eight pupils who later became priests.
Using this item
Society of Mary Archives
Reference: PSC 2415
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.
Add new comment