Dunlop Tyres’ Upper Hutt factory (shown here in 1970) began making tyres in 1949. Dunlop was one of the overseas companies that set up a factory in New Zealand to supply the local market. The factory made tyres for cars, trucks, tractors and small earthmovers, and supplied the growing car-assembly industry. It closed in 2006.
Using this item
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.