The Rātana Church, located at Rātana pā, near Turakina, was opened in 1927. It is the headquarters of the religion founded by Tahupōtiki Wiremu Rātana. The design of the building incorporates many of the symbols used by the faith.
Using this item
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.