Cadets line up at St Stephen's School in Auckland during the visit of Lord Kitchener in 1910. St Stephen's had mostly Māori boys as students, though some Pākehā boys did attend. Initially, boys from St Stephen's who wished to continue their academic study would go to Te Aute College in Hawke's Bay. St Stephen's developed its own secondary school in the 1920s.
Using this item
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.