One of Wellington’s first blocks of flats was Braemar, on The Terrace. This view of inner Wellington shows it being built (upper left, next to St Andrew’s church), around 1924. The curving street below is Lambton Quay.
Using this item
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.