In the late 1920s and early 1930s Kurow was a ‘hydro town’ which expanded to house workers building the Waitaki dam and hydroelectric power station. The power station was opened in October 1934. As follow-up work continued, Kurow’s school still had a large roll in 1936.
Using this item
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.