Wellington City Council set up a municipal fish market in Jervois Quay in 1912. It was never economic, as people could buy fish for the same price in their own suburban fish shops. It closed down in 1915.
Using this item
Wellington City Archives
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.