The Earnslaw, seen here on the shores of Lake Wakatipu before being launched in 1912, was designed in Dunedin. Its parts were also made in Dunedin, then carried by rail to Kingston on the lake shore, where they were assembled.
Using this item
Lakes District Museum
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.