The Winchmore Irrigation Research Station, 16 kilometres north-west of Ashburton, was established in 1946 to investigate the benefits of irrigation in Canterbury, initially for pastoral and arable farming, and later for apple crops.
Using this item
Archives New Zealand - Te Rua Mahara o te Kāwanatanga
Reference: AANR 6329 89 DA26,715
This item is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 New Zealand Licence