Story: Country towns

Rangiora swimming pool (3rd of 3)

Rangiora swimming pool

This 25-yard (23-metre) pool opened in February 1912 to commemorate the coronation of King George V. Initially boys and girls had to swim at separate times, but from 1916 the council allowed mixed bathing.

Using this item

Rangiora Museum
Reference: P27/064A

This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.

All images & media in this story

How to cite this page:

Jock Phillips, 'Country towns - Social life, 1870–1920', Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand, (accessed 24 June 2024)

Story by Jock Phillips, published 24 Nov 2008