Philip Barling developed Glenfalloch, on the Otago Peninsula, as a woodland garden in 1917. The site already contained mature trees dating from the 1870s, under which he planted rhododendrons, magnolias, fuchsias and flowering cherries. The garden was bought by the Otago Peninsula Trust in 1968 and has been maintained to a high standard ever since.
Using this item
Otago Daily Times
Photograph by Gerard O'Brien
Permission of the Otago Daily Times must be obtained before any re-use of this image.