The main gardens of Wellington Botanic Garden feature seasonal displays of bedding plants in a formal setting. These paths and flower beds link the main entrance with the duck pond. The layout of the paths, beds, gazebo and ceramic urns date from the early 20th century. The concrete sound shell was added in 1953, and is often used for performances.
Using this item
Te Ara - The Encyclopedia of New Zealand
Photograph by Marguerite Hill
This item is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 New Zealand Licence