Story: History of immigration

Stone Store, Kerikeri (2nd of 2)

Stone Store, Kerikeri

Another building which is a legacy of the missionaries at Kerikeri is this storehouse, which was built in 1832–36. The Stone Store is the country’s oldest surviving stone building. Like Kemp House, it is owned by the New Zealand Historic Places Trust and is open to the public.

About this item

Heritage New Zealand – Pouhere Taonga
Photograph by Grant Sheehan

Permission of Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga must be obtained before any re-use of this image.

All images & media in this story

How to cite this page:

Jock Phillips, 'History of immigration - Early years', Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand, http://www.TeAra.govt.nz/en/photograph/1509/stone-store-kerikeri (accessed 20 October 2017)

Story by Jock Phillips, published 8 Feb 2005, updated 11 Aug 2015