In 1995 the original Rangiātea Church (opened in 1851) was burnt down by an arsonist. The Ōtaki community rallied and raised funds to build a replica, which opened in 2003. In 2007 some treasures salvaged from the original church were placed in the new one.
Using this item
Photograph by Chris Maclean
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.