New Zealand’s first major hydroelectric power station was opened at Lake Coleridge in 1914. It harnessed water from the Harper, Acheron and Wilberforce rivers. Electricity generated here was important for Christchurch industry.
Using this item
Te Ara – The Encyclopedia of New Zealand
Reference: Appendices to the Journals of the House of Representatives, 1914, Vol. 2, D-1, p. 92
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.
Add new comment