These torpedo shaped bottles in use in New Zealand from 1840 to 1870 were sealed with a cork and secured with a wire. Their shape purposely prevented them being stored upright, which would allow the cork to dry out and break the seal. They were called Hamilton bottles.
Using this item
Raglan and District Museum
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.