The development of Nelson’s harbour has been crucial to the region’s economy. A new entrance ('The Cut') was put through Boulder Bank in 1906 and major dredging and reclamations for wharf development occured from 1953 to 1966 and in 1983/84.
Using this item
Te Ara - The Encyclopedia of New Zealand
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.
Add new comment