By 1845 the Methodist Church had established missions in nine locations in New Zealand – seven in the North Island and two in the South Island. Several of the missions they set up were short-lived, often due to hostility from local Māori. Click on the map to view photographs of the early missions in the north-west of the North Island.
Using this item
Te Ara - The Encyclopedia of New Zealand
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.
Add new comment